Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Post #11 - "Gone for Good"

Yes, it's another Shins song, perhaps too soon, but I've been listening to this song on repeat for the past 12 hours and good God, it's great. It's off Chutes Too Narrow and is the second to last track. See what happens when you listen to an album the entire way through? You'll always discover something else you like. So whenever you buy a CD, don't just go to that overplayed single, go to track 1 and listen all the way through to the last track.

"Gone for Good" has that twangy, country sound, but don't let that sway you from listening to this song. Once it gets to the chorus, you'll be glad you stuck around for it. The song is about unrequited love, a girl who wants a guy, but he's not in the same boat as she is. My favorite lines from the song are in the chorus:

"I find a fatal flaw/In the logic of love/And go out of my head."

"You want to jump and dance/But you sat on your hands/And lost your only chance."

The video I've chosen off YouTube is an acoustic performance of the song (sorry, I didn't want some film kid's take on the meaning of the song) by James Mercer and Jesse Sandoval (I think). The album version is better, in my opinion, so "don't" download the MP3 and "don't" listen to it, and just go buy Chutes Too Narrow. Enjoy!

No comments: