Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Post #9 - "I Want to Break Free"

This is one of my favorite Queen songs, coming off of 1984's The Works (AMG thought the album sucked, I don't know because I haven't listened to it). Anywho, you can also find the song off the Greatest Hits album (you know, the one with the purple background and the golden lions and shit?).


The song itself is contradictory in its lyrics, with the singer alternating between being infatuated and wanting to escape from his failed romances. I really liked the synthesizer solo in this because of the unique "fat" sound it produces (trying to reproduce it with your mouth alone will raise a few flags in peoples' minds). Also this part is my favorite in the song:

"It's strange but it's true/I cant get over the way you love me like you do/But I have to be sure/When I walk out that door/Oh how I want to be free baby/Oh how I want to be free/Oh how I want to break free."

As for the video I have provided via YouTube, it's the music video for "I Want to Break Free," featuring the band cross-dressing and vacuuming (Well, Freddie Mercury did have AIDS...). For those who don't want to watch four grown men in women's clothing, go out and buy Queen! For the rest, enjoy!

No comments: