Monday, October 8, 2007

Post #6 - "My Back Pages"

I picked up the Byrds' Greatest Hits album yesterday and I still haven't listened to it the entire way through, but this afternoon I was listening to the second half of the album when I stumbled onto "My Back Pages."


The song itself was originally written by Bob Dylan and included on his album Another Side of Bob Dylan. While I haven't had the opportunity to listen to his version, it's safe to say I'll probably pick up the album after I have Blonde on Blonde and Highway 61 Revisited. Let's stick to the Byrds' version for now though. The overall tone of this song reminds me of yesteryears, in the same vein as the Beatles' "Yesterday" or Dylan's "Mr. Tambourine Man." The guitar solo is absolutely beautiful and if I were on the edge of a nostalgic breakdown now, I'd cry. The following is my favorite line of the song:

"Ah but I was so much older then/I'm younger than that now."

As for the video that I've included in this post, it's mainly a compilation of clips of the Byrds' performances from the mid-60's (so it appears). Well, hope you enjoy this one as much as I did!

No comments: